In case you missed it.
Marc Jacobs Reveals the Reasoning Behind His Anti Social Media Show [WGSN]
He is known for his over-the-top, highly Instagrammable fashion show experiences, so it came as a bit of surprise that Marc Jacobs asked his guests to refrain from using their phones at his fall 2017 show last month. During a SXSW panel Monday with Vogue's Sally Singer, the designer revealed the reasoning behind that decision. “My attitude is that it is a show — a theatrical experience,” he said. “I wanted absolutely no set, I wanted no lighting, I wanted nothing … I can’t force people not to use their phone, but I wanted to politely suggest that if they could please put away their phones and watch the collection pass them by, I would prefer them to meet me halfway in this experience.”
Vogue Italia Parodies E-Commerce for March Cover [Vogue Italia]
Vogue Italia's first cover under newly appointed editor-in-chief Emanuele Farneti (who was hired after the passing of Franca Sozzani) looks a bit different than what we're used to seeing from the glossy. Shot by Steven Meisel, the cover is a parody of e-commerce shopping, which writer Luke Leitch investigates for an accompanying story about the future of digital retail. Model Lulu, who is also one of the new faces of Calvin Klein, wore an Armani ensemble for the shot. (Unfortunately, there's no click-to-buy feature.)
Calvin Klein Releases New Denim Ad Amidst Call to Remove Underwear Ad [Twitter/Yahoo News]
Calvin Klein's newest underwear ad campaign has sparked controversy in the U.K.. A photo of model Lulu has been removed from the House of Fraser after customers voiced concerns that she looked too young for the provocative pose in which she is seen tugging at her bra strap. In other Calvin Klein news, the brand also released a new denim ad which stars “the cast of Calvin Klein” (including Lulu, who opened Raf Simons' debut show for the brand and was also featured in the designer's first denim ad) speaking about the important people in their lives.
— Calvin Klein (@CalvinKlein) March 14, 2017
J.W. Anderson Named Honorary Guest at Pitti Uomo [Pret-a-Reporter Inbox]
Jonathan Anderson has been named as the honorary guest designer at Pitti Uomo, the international menswear trade event, where he will make his Italian debut and show his J.W. Anderson men's spring 2018 collection. The show will take place June 14 in Florence. “I'm honored to have been asked to show at Pitti Uomo,” said the designer in a statement. “Florence's aesthetic is beautiful, which will lend itself to be the perfect backdrop for the collection.” Previous guest designers have included Paul Smith, Tim Coppens and Raf Simons.
GET THE INSIDE BUZZ!
Subscribe to our FREE mailing list today & never miss the buzz! Receive our latest posts, inside news & special offers.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.